Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!
The Uncharted series will always have a special place in my heart. Definitely not worth missing Naughty Dog's big ps3 return. Just mind that out of the trilogy, you play this one first, as the sequel's enormous boost in quality might make it feel like a fair bit of a downgrade. It's like playing Batman: Arkham City and then going back to Asylum and realising that they really improved the combat system dramatically between the two.
What I liked:
- Cinematic adventure, with enjoyable cutscenes, great voiceacting and interesting characters.
- Graphics are just brilliant, especially when it comes to the environment; lush forests never looked so lush, and 'look at how the water makes your jeans go all squidgy!'
- Gameplay is decent amounts of fun; shotgun has a real kick to it, and headshots are satisfying to pull off.
- The scenery is just awesome, a necessity in any adventure title.
What I didn't like:
- Tack-on sixaxis aiming system for grenades - Uncharted came out around the time that many titles were tacking these features on to try and make use of possibly the most irritating motion-sensor known to modern man.
- Gameplay may get slightly repetitive as you progress in terms of it just throwing hordes of same-y pirates at you.
Game Traits applied to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) by Fruitlewp