Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!
What I liked:
- Refreshing take on survival horror: it's actually not often we get to go to SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
- Visually pleasing in most departments (especially the viscera)
- Great soundtrack, and sound is also top-notch. Especially when out in SPAAAAAAAAACE!
- Gameplay is pretty enjoyable, typical survival horror - conserve ammo, hit enemy weak points, collect supplies, etc.
- Many, many satisfying death animations for Isaac.
What I didn't like:
- Too many "Go fetch this for me" objectives.
- At times Isaac is like a sack of potatoes: he falls apart at any given opportunity. Can't tell if this is good or bad since I enjoyed most of his death animations...
- Jumping from surface-surface in low-gravity environments is far too clunky and poorly executed.
- I realise that being constantly separated from your allies/squad is kind of a survival horror staple, but I thought we were trying to avoid cliches what with setting our horror in space and all?
Game Traits applied to Dead Space (PS3) by Fruitlewp